SML Accessibility Statement (June 2020)
SML will take the following measures to ensure accessibility of the SML Program:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Undertake activities to continuously improve the accessibility of the SML website, systems and processes, and the information products that SML delivers.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Co-design the SML Program concept and processes in partnership with people with disabilities.
- Consult with an Advisory Group, consisting of people with disabilities, and including representatives from recognised peak bodies representing people with disabilities.
- Employ people with disabilities.
- Assign a Program Manager (Jenny Bray) to fulfil the role of accessibility officer.
- Provide continual accessibility training and/or mentoring support for our staff.
- Progressively implement WCAG 2.0 AA with our SML website and test improvements via test users.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for web designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The Speak My Language website and portal is currently non-conformant WCAG 2.0 level AA. ‘Non-conformant’ means that the content does not conform to the accessibility standard. We are working to correct this situation. We apologise to anyone who has been excluded from our SML website due to our site being not yet conformant with WCAG. Please do not hesitate to contact Jenny Bray on 0428 145 219 to discuss how we can address access requirements.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the SML Program and website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers by contacting:
Jenny Bray, SML Program Manager - Disability
Mobile: 0428 145 219
We will respond within 3 business days.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Ethnic Communities' Council of NSW Inc.
Mary Karras, Chief Executive Officer
Complaints can be received via:
- Phone: (02) 9319 0288
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Addressed to Chief Executive Officer, ECCNSW, 221 Cope St Waterloo NSW 2017
- In Person: 221 Cope St Waterloo, NSW (there is a lift on premises and accessible toilet)
- Filling in the form below - this form is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org